Luisa Kroll, Forbes.com
Submitted by: T. Hawkins
How Rich Is The British Royal Family?
Queen Elizabeth, 85,
- Estimated personal net worth of $500 million
- Property holdings including Balmoral Castle in the Scottish Highlands
- Stud farms
- A fruit farm
- Marine land throughout the U.K.
- Extensive art and fine jewelry
- One of the world’s largest stamp collections built by her grandfather
- Among many many other money-making ventures.
- The Queen also receives an annual government stipend of $12.9 million
Prince Charles, 62,
- Received a $28 million stipend last year from Duchy of Cornwall Estate
- paid more than $10 million on the salaries of 150 staffers
Prince William, 28, and Prince Harry, 26,
- Each received a $10 million inheritance from Princess Dianna after taxes
- Each receives comfortable annual salaries from the Royal Air Force and Army Air Corps
- various corporate sponsorships
Not included are an expansive list of assets belonging to the Crown Estate, which the royal family gets to enjoy, such as $10 billion worth of real estate (including a reported 60 castles), Buckingham Palace (estimated to be worth another $5 billion), the Royal Art collection, and unmarked swans on stretches of the Thames.