Morgan Brennan, Forbes
Submitted by: T.Hawkins
2012 Most Expensive Homes For Sale in US
Forbes dug through volumes 2012 MLS listings to compile the following list of the countries most expensive properties for sale. It is worth pointing out that this list does not include private sales, only properties that made it onto the national real estate listings.
- $125 million - Fleur de Lys Mansion in Los Angeles
- $95 million - Former Beverly Hills estate of William Randolph Hearst
- $90 million - The 20,000-square-feet Woolworth Mansion in NYC
- $77.5 million - Penthouse condo at the Ritz Carlton on Central Park
- $65 million - Penthouse apartment at white-glove Parc Cinq cooperative on Fifth Avenue
- $65 million - Versailles, a humongous 90,000-square foot, unfinished in Windmere, Fla.
- $84 million - Rancho Dos Pueblos in Santa Barbara, CA (includes 2,175 acres of property)